The Berea Church of God moved into its current facility on Rash Road on Feb. 24, 2008. Dedication services were held on April 6, 2008. The church history traces back to 1937 when prayer services were held at Eliza Richardson’s home in Berea. The church then moved to Oak Street and became affiliated with the Church of God, Cleveland, Tenn. In 1968, the church erected a modern sanctuary on U.S. 25 North and remained there until it was destroyed by fire in 2004. The church then met in two locations for three months and leased a facility on Wallaceton Road for three years. Construction began on the current facility in 2007.